FOW Tournament, Vršac, Serbia
||FOW Tournament, Vršac, Serbia
Hemijsko medicinska škola (Chemical and Medical School), Sterijina 113
Dušan Kostić invites the world to take part in the 2nd annual Flames of War tournament and get invloved in a range of additional activites. Further details below.
2nd Flames Of War Tournament, Vršac, Serbia
When: Saturday and Sunday, October 7th and 8th 2017.
V4, Early War, singles
Where: Hemijsko medicinska škola (Chemical and Medical School), Sterijina 113, 26300 Vršac, Serbia. (Approximately 80km from Belgrade, 10km from Romanian border and 70km from Timisoara)
Entry Fee: €10.
Max. number of players: 26 (First come, first serve)
Rules: Flames Of War 4th Edition.
Points: 1600 – Liable to change if the ETC captains decide otherwise on September 4th.
Games: 4 (2 games will be played on Saturday and 2 on Sunday)
Entry fee 10 Euros. Lunch is not included. Coffee, tea, soda, water and some sweets will be served during the tournament for free. There will be a modest award for the Overall Winner of the tournament and tokens/objective markers for every player.
I am sending invitations to players from Romania, Slovenia, Croatia, Russia, Belarus and Serbia. Off course, all other players (up to the total number of 26) are welcome. For any required information, you can reach me at email@example.com or +381 (0) 64 202 78 19 (phone, Viber, WhatsApp).
I will be glad to assist in finding accommodation upon request. Usual prices are 10-20 euros per night per person in hostels. Hotel accommodation is more expensive. Accommodation can also be found via internet as usual.
If requested, I can organize transport from Belgrade and Timisoara airport.
|Rules and Regulations:
- First round pairings will be semi-directed since most players don’t like to play the first game with their usual gaming partners. All of the following rounds will be determined by Swiss system;
- Each game will have a time limit of 3 hours;
- Missions will be selected in advance, a couple of days before the tournament.
- Army lists must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th September, all official EW army lists and PDFs are allowed;
- Every tournament entry must include: Player’s full name, an e-mail address, and army list (can be submitted after the application, but no later than 25th September);
- The winner of the tournament will be determined by the amount of “big points” (Wins > small points);
- Tiebreakers will be determined by the amount of small points > killed platoons
- All new rules amendments for EW published on Battlefront web site will be tried out on the Tournament.
Friday, October 6th
- An evening walk around the town centre followed by optional beer.
Saturday, October 7th
- Welcome and briefing: 8:00-8:30
- Round 1: 9:00-12:00
- Lunch: 12:00-13:00
- Round 2: 13:00-16:00
- After that player choose from two options:
a) Climbing the Vršac Mountains* with a professional guide (The Tower of Vršac, Red Cross). Bring some good old shoes and a flashlight!
b) Side event: Large scale game of Wings of Glory (10 on 10 or so), planes and scenario will be provided to all players.
After that we can go together for a dinner.
Sunday, October 8th
- Round 3: 9:00-12:00
- Lunch: 12:30-13:00
- Round 4: 13:00-16:00
- Final ceremony: 16:00-16:30
*The Vršac Mountains (Serbian: Вршачке планине / Vršačke planine, Romanian: Munții Vârșeț), are very interesting for their geology, biology and culture. The Tower of Vršac (Vršačka kula) - 399m was built in the XV century.
tel: +381 (0)64 202 78 19
Last Updated On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 by Chris at Battlefront